Appubator focuses on wireless app development, so at least it is a bit different. Add it to the following list of old and new technology incubators in the Triangle:
- NC IDEA - which isn't really an incubator, but might as well (or should?) be.
- First Flight Venture Center
- Triangle Start-Up Factory - still raising funds
- Joystick Labs - still raising funds
- The rumored Relevance incubator
- Carolina LaunchPad
- UNC Kenan-Flagler's Launching the Venture
- Whatever equivalent "help students start companies" programs that exist at Duke and NC State.
- Whatever life sciences/materials incubators that probably exist, but I've never heard of.